It looks like your browser is outdated. Some features on this website may not function correctly, please consider updating.
Phone us on
0300 303 3629
Featured post

How quick can I get a divorce?

Posted in Family & Divorce on 13th Jan 2021
How long does it take to file for divorce? To end your marriage in England and Wales you must have been married for at least 12 months before filing for divorce and entering into divorce proceedings. A divorce where both parties are in agreement to the divorce and the reasons why, would typically take between four to six months before the coronavirus pandemic, now the times vary slightly. Sometimes, it might take you longer if you are unable to sort out any issues relating to money, property or children. Sorting out your money and property is dealt...

The Basics Of Contracts: How A Contract Is...

Posted in Dispute Resolution on 18th Nov 2019
How is a contract formed? In this series, James Spargo Litigation Executive (BA Hons, GCILEx) will look at the very basics of contracts. The Specters team are always happy to provide advice on all types of contracts. There are three basic things needed for a contract to be formed: Offer and acceptance Consideration Intent to create legal relations Offer and acceptance Although this is a surprisingly complicated area and there has been a lot of debate among the Courts about when and where an offer is made, for the vast majority of contracts, this...

Brexit Uncertainty And Road Traffic Accidents...

Posted in Personal Injury on 13th Nov 2019
Originally, the UK was meant to leave the EU on 31st March 2019, then it was 31st October and now, with an upcoming general election, the new proposed date to leave the EU is 31st January 2020. However, this is an ever moving situation and no one can say for certain if the UK will leave with or without a deal on this date or, indeed, at all. You may ask what has Brexit got to do with having a road traffic accident abroad? Currently, if you are injured in a road traffic accident whilst in another EU country or European Economic State then you can...

Wypadki za granica-procedura po Brexit

Posted in Polish Claims on 12th Nov 2019
Wszyscy czasem spedzamy wakacje za granica. Wyjazdy do Polski w sierpniu lub grudniu na urlop lub swieta. Ale co sie dzieje, gdy cos pojdzie nie tak za granica np zdarzy sie wypadek drogowy. Od czego zaczac I co robic, do kogo sie zwrocic po porade prawna I pomoc?i do tego jeszcze Brexit I konsekwencje. Jesli wypadek drogowy byl w kraju UE a Ty byles kierowca, pasazerem, rowerzysta, motocyklista czy pieszym I jestes obywatelem United Kingdom (UK) to mozesz sie ubiegac o odszkodowanie w UK zgodnie z prawem brytyjskim. Wielu z nas wie, ze w razie...
The Law Society
ISO Accreditation